Woodberry Associates seeks a mid-level Manager to join its growing team of dynamic public affairs professionals.
Based in Washington, DC, Woodberry Associates specializes in coalition management and stakeholder engagement, primarily in the field of health policy. Our team is creative, collaborative and committed to exceeding our clients’ expectations.
Title: Manager, Strategic Communications
Location: Washington, DC
What You Do:
- Support the Senior Vice President of Strategic Communications on a range of communications projects
- Create initial drafts of press releases, opinion editorials, policy papers and one-pagers
- Edit your own work and others’ to meet the firm’s quality standards
- Pitch print, TV and radio outlets
- Distill policy topics into concise, plain-language blog posts, infographics or videos
- Coordinate with contractors and junior team members on communications projects
- Devise creative strategies for bringing clients’ narratives to life in compelling content
- 3-5 years of experience working in communications, writing, advocacy or PR
- Clean, straightforward writing style
- Ability to manage multiple projects at once
- Adaptability to meet changing priorities
- Willingness to learn and incorporate feedback
- Familiarity with AP Style (preferred but not required)
Salary & Benefits
This is a full-time position based in Washington, DC with competitive salary, health insurance, 401(k) and paid vacation.
How You Apply
Interested candidates should send a resume, writing sample and cover letter explaining why you’re a good fit for this position to email@example.com and include “Manager, Strategic Communications” in the subject line.