Woodberry Associates is seeking paid interns to join our dynamic team of public and government affairs professionals. WA’s internship program is designed to provide participants with a professional learning experience that offers meaningful, practical work and the opportunity for career exploration and development.
The key objective of the program is to help prepare participants to be successful in the workplace – to help develop core competencies that employers consistently indicate they seek in new hires.
Based in Washington, DC, Woodberry Associates specializes in nonprofit and coalition management and stakeholder engagement in the fields of health care and education policy. Our team is creative, collaborative and committed to exceeding our clients’ expectations.
Title: Paid Intern
Location: Washington, DC
- Develop effective work habits, including time management, organizational skills, and personal accountability.
- Improve communication and analytical skills.
- Build interpersonal skills which will enable you to form professional relationships and work within a team structure.
- Support selected client divisions in the day-to-day management of nonprofit and patient advocacy organizations and other clients
- Learn how to research, distill, and communicate on health care policy topics
- Be guided in the development of external communications, email marketing and social media content
- Develop a clearer understanding of your career interests.
- Interest in honing written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to stay on task and prioritize projects
- Adaptability to meet changing priorities
- Sense of initiative, looking for opportunities to innovate and improve
- Willingness to learn and incorporate feedback
WA hosts interns each Fall, Spring, and Summer for approximately 12 weeks each semester. Positions are paid at the rate of $16.10 per hour. Dates and hours are flexible, though interns are expected to work a minimum of 10 hours per week. Positions are in person in our Washington, DC office.
Applicants must be high school graduates and enrolled at a college or university in the DC area.
How You Apply
Interested candidates should email their resume to email@example.com and include “WA Intern“ in the subject line.