Woodberry Associates seeks an Events Associate to join its growing team of dynamic professionals.
Based in Washington, DC, Woodberry Associates specializes in public affairs and coalition management in the fields of health care and education. Our team is creative, collaborative and committed to exceeding our clients’ expectations.
Title: Events Associate, Advocacy Management
Location: Washington, DC
What You Do
- Support Events Director in event management to ensure all events are planned effectively, within budget and according to client specifications
- Source venues to ensure they meet client expectations and coordinate venue contracts
- Support development of event timelines and manage event budgets
- Manage regular and detailed communication with event registrants
- Coordinate hotel and travel accommodations directly with event registrants, as appropriate
- Maintain detailed spreadsheets tracking event registrations, accommodations and headcounts
- Assist in drafting and producing event materials, invitations, and slidedecks
- Maintain regular communication with vendors on event needs related to setup, food and beverage, audio visual, etc.
- Organize conference calls/meetings related to each event, including client calls and event prep calls
- Assist with on-site event production and logistics, including programming, setup, food and beverage, audio visual, registration, signage, event materials, etc.
- Produce funding requests and assist in the management of donor relations
- 1-2 years of experience working in event management, communications, public relations or marketing
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong written and verbal communications and persuasion skills
- Organized and task-oriented, with the ability to manage multiple projects at once
- Adaptability to meet changing priorities
- Sense of initiative, looking for opportunities to improve content and outreach
- Willingness to learn and incorporate feedback
Salary & Benefits
This is a full-time, in-office position based in Washington, DC with competitive salary, health insurance, 401(k) and paid vacation.
How You Apply
Interested candidates should email their resume and a writing sample to Jobs@woodberryassociates.com and include “Events Associate” in the subject line.