Woodberry Associates is seeking a digital communications intern to join our dynamic team of professionals. Woodberry’s internship program is designed to provide participants with a professional learning experience that offers meaningful, practical work and the opportunity for career exploration and development.
The key objective of the intern program is to help prepare participants to be successful in the workplace – to help develop core competencies that employers consistently indicate they seek in new hires.
Based in Washington, DC, Woodberry Associates specializes in nonprofit and coalition management and stakeholder engagement in the fields of health care and education policy. Our team is creative, collaborative and committed to exceeding our clients’ expectations.
Title: Digital Communications Intern
Location: Washington, DC
What You Do
- Support the digital work of the Strategic Communications team
- Create social media content for Woodberry’s clients
- Daily monitoring of client advocacy campaigns, hashtags and awareness dates on social media and email.
- Write and format newsletters in Mailchimp
- Distill complex policy topics into concise, easy-to-read copy
- Coordinate with internal team members on digital strategy and analytics
- Develop effective work habits, including time management, organizational skills, and personal accountability.
- Improve communication and analytical skills.
- Build interpersonal skills which will enable you to form professional relationships and work within a team structure.
- Be guided in the development of external communications, email marketing and social media content
WA hosts interns each Fall, Spring, and Summer for approximately 12 weeks each semester. Positions are paid at the rate of $16.10 per hour. Dates and hours are flexible, though interns are expected to work a minimum of 10 hours per week. Positions are in person in our Washington, DC office.
Applicants must be enrolled at a college or university and be at least a rising junior.
How You Apply
Interested candidates should email their resume to firstname.lastname@example.org and include “WA Digital Intern” in the subject line.